This keto chicken and vegetable stir fry is an easy and delicious way to feed your family a healthy low carb meal they will love!
When you are in the mood for some Chinese takeout but want to keep your body in ketosis, grab this recipe! It is a high-protein and low-carb alternative that the entire family will enjoy.
It is surprisingly easy to cook Keto stir fry. All you need to do is omit the rice or noodles. Just fry up some meat and veggies in my favorite sauce. Don’t forget to sprinkle some sesame seeds on top for that finishing touch!
You won’t even miss the rice or lo mein noodles. The entire dish is so full of flavor and fiber that you’ll feel full in no time at all.
How to make
You’ll find the complete recipe in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. But here is an overview of how to make low-carb stir fry at home.
There are quite a few ingredients in it. That just means it has a ton of flavor that bursts in your mouth! It’s unforgettable.
- Chicken thighs
- Low-sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- Lemon juice
- Swerve brown sugar substitute
- Garlic powder
- Sesame Oil
- Rice Vinegar
- Yellow Squash
- Bell Peppers
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
1. Make the marinade. First, create the low-carb chicken marinade. Save this recipe, you can use it on other meats too.
2. Marinate the chicken. Then, coat the chicken with your marinade. Let it sit in the fridge overnight for the best taste.
3. Chop the veggies. You can do this step the night before as well and just store it in an airtight container in the fridge.
4. Cook the chicken. Next, cook the chicken in the skillet. When it is fully cooked, set it aside.
5. Fry the veggies. In the same skillet, fry up your chopped veggies.
6. Add chopped chicken. Then, just chop up the cooked chicken and add it to the skillet!
7. Add the rest of the marinade. Pour it over the chicken and veggies. Give it a few more good stirs to mix it all together.
Yummm!!! It is going to smell amazing! You won’t ever have to order takeout again!
Is soy sauce Keto-friendly?
Typically, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce has 1 gram of net carbs. So keep that in mind when you use it on marinades or on your cilantro lime cauliflower rice recipe.
That’s why I sometimes use coconut aminos. It tastes just like soy sauce but without any carbs or sugars.
Related Easy Chicken Recipes
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Try one of my quick, easy, and affordable dinner recipes for your next family meal! And if you have any questions, I'm here to help!
Keto Stir Fry with Chicken and Vegetables
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon Swerve brown sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium sized zucchini sliced
- 1 medium sized yellow squash sliced
- 2 bell peppers chopped
- ½ medium onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and extra pepper to taste
- Add the soy sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar substitute, garlic powder, sesame oil, rice vinegar and black pepper to a small mixing bowl, and stir to combine.
- Place chicken thighs into a large mixing bowl or plastic zipper bag and pour just enough marinade over the chicken to coat it.
- Set aside the remainder of the marinade in an air tight container.
- Place the chicken in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, prepare the vegetables.
- Slice the zucchini and yellow squash. Chop the onion and bell peppers into large bite-sized chunks, and combine all the prepared vegetables in a mixing bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken to the skillet.
- Cook the chicken for 5-7 minutes on each side until it is seared well and completely cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet, and add another tablespoon of olive oil.
- Pour the chopped vegetables into the heated skillet, and add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the vegetables are a crisp tender.
- Slice the cooked chicken thighs into strips, and add them back into the skillet with the vegetables.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, and pour in the reserved marinade. Cook for a few minutes tossing the ingredients to coat them well in the sauce.
- Serve the stir fry on its own, or with your favorite keto-friendly side.