This keto mug cake is super quick and easy to make in the microwave and is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
The mere sound of the words mug cake can invoke drooling. But it you follow a low carb or keto diet, a mug cake is pretty much off limits. Until now. This amazingly delicious chocolate almond keto mug cake is a game changer! You CAN have your cake and eat it too.
You do need a microwave for this recipe, although I bet you could use oven-safe ramekins and bake it at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. I haven’t tried it yet but I’ll report back when I do.
Also, you don’t need to make this recipe in a mug, even if you have a microwave. You can use a ramekin either way. I would use at least 6 oz. ramekins to make sure it doesn’t overflow.
Keto Mug Cake
Looks delicious right?
Before we get to the recipe, don’t forget to save this so you can come back to it later.
Chocolate Almond Keto Mug Cake
- Place butter into a ramekin or mug and melt the butter in the microwave. Swirl it around to coat the inside of the container. You can also use a cooking spray to grease the inside of the container if you prefer instead of butter.
- In a small bowl, mix together the beaten egg and the heavy whipping cream.
- Add vanilla and almond extracts to the egg mixture.
- In another small bowl, combine the cocoa powder, erythritol and baking powder, stir to combine well.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the greased ramekin or mug.
- Add the wet ingredients on top of the dry ones, and stir well with a spoon or fork until the mixture is smooth.
- Toss in the chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 90 seconds.
- Remove the ramekin or mug from the microwave after a minute, and either serve in the container, or dump out and serve on a plate of your choice.
- Optional: Crush up 1/4 cup of raspberries if desired, and serve on top of the cake.