This easy keto fudge recipe is vanilla flavored and colored with red and blue to make it the perfect low carb treat for 4th of July and other patriotic holidays.
If you aren't interested in reading some helpful tips and information, you can click the jump to recipe button above. But we hope you take the time to scroll through, you might read something interesting!
🍽 What you need
For this recipe you will need the following 5 things:
- heavy cream
- Swerve or another natural sugar substitute
- vanilla extract
- food coloring
I prefer to use natural food coloring. You won't get as vibrant of colors as you do with traditional food coloring, but frankly, if you are bothering to follow a low carb diet, you probably want to rid your diet of anything artificial.
🔪 How to make
The process to make this keto fudge is fairly simple. You do have to cook all of the ingredients together except the food coloring, but the steps go fairly quickly
- Heat heavy whipping cream and butter
- Add vanilla
- Whisk in sweetener
- Pour most of the mixture into a loaf pan
- Divide remaining mixture into two bowls
- Add red food coloring to one bowl
- Add blue food coloring to the other bowl
- Stir food coloring into mixture in each bowl
- Drizzle blue mixture over base mixture
- Drizzle red mixture of blue mixture
- Freeze and cut
Please note that when you are cutting keto fudge or any kind of fudge, use a sharp knife and cut clean through. Do not rock the knife back and forth, it will create a mess of your fudge. It will still taste good, but look terrible.
Patriotic Red, White and Blue Keto Fudge Recipe
- Heat the heavy whipping cream and butter in a sauce pan over medium-high heat on the stove.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Whisk in Swerve confectioners sugar substitute until well combined.
- Cook the mixture down stirring constantly until it has thickened.
- Once thickened, remove from the heat and pour most of the mixture into a loaf pan or small casserole dish lined with parchment paper
- Reserve a few tablespoons of the fudge mixture, and divide it into two small bowls.
- Add a few drops of red food coloring to one bowl, and a few drops of blue to another. Stir until the color is mixed well.
- Starting with the blue colored mixture, use a spoon to drizzle it over the top of the fudge mixture in the loaf pan.
- Drizzle the red mixture over top of the blue in the loaf pan.
- Use the tip of a knife to swirl the colors together lightly.
- Place the fudge in the freezer for at least 3 hours or until hardened.
- Slice into 8 pieces and serve.