Ah donuts. I can't imagine a person alive who doesn't love a donut now and again. One of my first jobs was making and serving donuts and we got to take home a dozen after every shift. My family loved that job. You'd think I'd be sick of donuts after working at a donut shop but nope. I'm not.
But donuts are decidedly not keto. At least not usually. But now with this keto donut recipe, they are!
🍽 What you need
- unsweetened almond milk
- apple cider vinegar
- almond flour
- baking powder
- Psyllium husk powder
- Swerve sweetener
🔪 How to make
Add almond milk.
Add apple cider vinegar.
Beat until combined - about a minute.
Add almond flour.
Add psyllium husk powder.
Add baking powder.
Blend again and then spoon into a greased donut pan.
While donuts are baking and cooling, prepare glaze.
Add almond milk.
Whisk until smooth.
Dip each donut into glaze.
Allow to dry.
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Try one of my quick, easy, and affordable dinner recipes for your next family meal! And if you have any questions, I'm here to help!
For the donuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a stand mixer or a mixing bowl with a hand mixer, beat together eggs, almond milk, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar for 1 minute on high.
- Add in the almond flour, baking powder, psyllium husk powder and Swerve. Beat on high again until all ingredients are combined well.
- Let the dough rest for a few minutes.
- Place the dough by the tablespoonful into the compartments of a greased donut/bagel sheet pan. Smooth the dough out evenly with your fingers or the back of a spoon.
- Bake the donuts for 15 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Let the donuts cool a bit.
- While the donuts are cooling, mix together the ingredients for the glaze in a bowl, and whisk together until smooth and creamy.
- Dip each cooled donut face down into the glaze, and then place on a flat surface to dry, or serve immediately while the glaze is still wet.