For the most part, I don't find myself craving sweets too often on a low carb diet, and certainly far less when I was in ketosis. But sometimes you do want a sweet treat. Thankfully, there are ways to to enjoy a treat without swaying from your diet and without eating something that has little to no nutritional value. This keto brownies recipe is a great option when you are craving a low carb treat.
Double chocolately fudge keto goodness, yes please!
This recipe is not nut free, it uses almond butter, but you can substitute a nut-free butter without any issues. It also uses a small amount of erythritol. I do think you could leave the sweetener out and they would still taste great, but I haven't tried it.
Please note that this keto brownies recipe was provided by a a guest chef. The article is written by me, but this amazing recipe was created by a contributor.
Keto Brownies Recipe
The avocado adds richness and creaminess to the recipe and a whole lot of healthy fat.
And no one will even notice the avocado (like picky kids).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash 1 to 1-½ avocados until you have ½ cup of well mashed avocado.
- Add the avocado and almond butter to a mixing bowl, and beat on high for 2 minutes until the mixture is creamy.
- Mix in Erythritol and cocoa powder. Blend until the ingredients are combined well.
- Add olive oil and vanilla extract. Stir well until the mixture is smooth.
- Fold in baking chips, and chopped pecans (if using).
- Spread the mixture into a well greased 8 x 8 baking pan.
- Bake the brownies for 20-25 minutes. Let the brownies cool for at least 10 minutes before you try to serve them.
Use one of the images above, or choose from the images below and Pin to on of your Pinterest boards!