This giveaway has ended and comments are now closed.
Your WinnerAuthor: April J
Comment: Commented on “Swagbucks.”
My son has spent the last few years sleeping on a twin bed (mattress and box spring) that sits directly on the floor. No frame. No headboard. No nothing. He didn’t seem to mind and I always though it traditional bed frames were kind of boring so we never bothered.
Until Incredibeds entered our lives.
Like the name implies, Incredibeds are INCREDIBLE bed frames for kids. One look and they will knock your socks off! Incredibeds are more than just bed frames, however, they are “the most creative and innovative bedtime pals you and children have ever seen.” Those are there words, but I couldn’t agree more.
Our mission is to provide fun and safe sleep environments for toddlers, children and all people young at heart. We strive to bring new creative elements into a child’s bedroom inspiring kids to explore, create and most importantly sleep in their own room. We promise never to lose focus of the impact we will have on those tiny little hands that will cross our path.
We have started our venture with our plush bed frame series. Our plush bed frames are unique charismatic characters that bring friendships, sweet dreams for children to grow up with and safety that parents can rely on. We built them out of the need for an alternative type of transition bed that accomplishes two things:
- To allow parents to safely transition their toddlers directly into a standard twin size mattress set and have the ability to accommodate a child’s growth.
- To bring a new friendship into a child’s life to encourage imaginative play and help with a child’s fear of sleeping alone.
Without telling my son, I chose the happy green dinosaur, Ty the male Tyrannosaurus Rex Bed Frame for him.
Ty the goofy male Tyrannosaurus Rex is back from extinction. He is a plush bed frame that fits a standard twin 39″ x 75″ and 36″ x 80″. Dimensions are 48″ wide at the shoulders and 43″ wide the rest of the body and 86″ long.
- The frame includes: Blue eyes, a black hair piece, 4 furniture glides, which adhere to the bottom of the mattress’s box spring, (2) two rectangle pillows for the head and shoulders, (2) 14″ front neck supports and (2) 33″ back neck supports, and one center white zipper sheet.
- The center white zipper sheet covers the top of the mattress which your child can sleep directly on.
- This frame contains no wood or metal, and is designed to provide a safe sleep environment for children ages 3 years up. However, if you buy the optional zipper bumper sheet with built in bumpers, sold separately, each Incredibed would then be recommended for ages 18 months and up.
- There are pockets in the hands for your child to give themselves a hug or to “knock the scary’s out of the room.”™
- To clean the Incredibeds you may wash each part separately in a standard household washing machine with a mild detergent and dry on low heat.
- The exterior fabric is made of a soft 100% polyester which is hypoallergenic.
- The interior is made of 100% cotton lining and 100% hypoallergenic polyester fill.
- The zipper sheet is a soft 100% cotton woven material with zippers that run around the edges to fit any Incredibeds frame.
- Each Incredibed is built in sections, which attach via heavy gauge zippers.
Ty came all packaged up in a pretty small box considering what was inside (1). We pulled everything out of the box and he was in quite a few pieces (2). The directions were clear and easy to follow. I had to turn the box spring over and put little furniture glides in each corner, with the glides at the head of the bed having a velcro piece attached (3). I flipped the box spring back over, set the mattress on top and and started putting Ty together. It really was an easy process. You put the feet down first (4) against the bottom of the mattress and set the sides and arms along each side of the bed (5). Then you zip the feet together. The head requires some foam padding and a little bit of manuevering to line everything up but it wasn’t too bad. You place a pillow (included) under where the head will go, set the head down on it and start zipping the head to the arms on both sides (6). Then there is a white center piece that lays across the bed and zips onto the feet, the sides and the head (7). It really is a brilliant, clever design that is easy to assemble.
Along with the beds, Incredibeds also has Bedjammies sheets for the beds so your child’s new friend doesn’t have to go neked. I chose the Green Football Jersey Bedjammies because green is Jake’s favorite color and he’s a football player.
Green Football Jersey Bedjammies are custom fitted sheets that fit over every Incredibeds character bed frame. These sheets are made of a soft woven 100% cotton material with a 210 thread count. There is one pocket on each side of the Bedjammies to hold books or your child’s favorite stuffed friends. They easily fit over every Incredibed and attach behind the head via snaps. A matching kelly green flat sheet and pillow case are included. They may be washed with like colors and dried on low heat. Do not bleach. There is no need to iron.
My son couldn’t have been more excited about his new bed. Our word to describe it is “WOWZA” because it really is a great addition to his room. I actually think he goes more quietly to bed now, prefers to be in his room now (sitting on Ty and reading) and honestly I think he sleeps better in it. He’s 6 and had recently asked for a nightlight in his room because he said it was too dark, and I think having Ty there as his bed helps his anxiety a bit. As you can tell by the stuffed animals that Ty is cradling in his left arm, Jake finds a lot of comfort in his “guys” and Ty takes that to a whole other level!
I jokingly told Jake that now we had to return the bed because we were done “testing” it and he was none too happy. “Nooooo, I wanna keep it,” he whined.
Jake’s room finally looks “complete” now with Ty in it. Ty looks really huge in the pictures, and yes, he is BIG but not as giant as he appears in my photos. I don’t have a wide angle lens and couldn’t stand far enough back to get a great shot. The biggest impact space-wise around the bed was at the foot and Ty’s feet and tail do take up a little bit of room but it was sort of dead space for us anyway. I’d say maybe 12″ at the foot and 6″-8″ at the sides of the bed are needed for Ty’s feet and tail. Plus it almost goes all the way against the wall for us, there is maybe a 4″-6″ gap but it fills in easily with the sheets so he doesn’t seem to drop too much down there. Ty’s shoulders also need a few inches as well.
I like that Ty is made from quality materials, was easy to assemble and it makes my son happier to be in his room and go to sleep. Aside from looks, there is one very IMPORTANT feature of the Incredibeds that I haven’t mentioned yet, though it is, by far, one of the most important in a lot of ways for us because my son has allergies. The Incredibeds can be fully disassembled and put into any household washer and dryer.
My daughter has already claimed “Jake’s dinosaur bed” for her own once he is done with it. And how cool is this…we can easily order accessories for Ty and turn him into a girl with purple hair and eyes with pink eyeshadow because they attach with velcro. Super clever and very innovative!
Make more! Elephants, monkeys, cats, tigers, you name it. I always try and come up with some feedback to help improve the product but in this case they nailed it. We do find that Ty’s head will lean every once in awhile but with an active 6 year old rolling around on it, I think maybe that has something to do with it.
ENTER TO WIN AN INCREDIBED
One winner will receive their choice of either the dinosaur or the bear Incredibed. Winner will also receive a set of Bedjammies (winner to specify boy or girl).
HOW TO ENTER (mandatory):
To enter, visit Incredibeds and take a look around. Then come back here and leave a comment telling me WHY your family needs an Incredibed. What features are make an Incredibed a perfect fit for a child in your life?
EARN EXTRA ENTRIES (optional):
Must complete required entry in order to qualify for extra entries.
- Follow me on Twitter and Tweet the following or something similar (leave the link to each new Tweet each day) – 1 EXTRA PER DAY
Your kids will WANT to go to bed with an INCREDIBED. Enter to win 1 from @WhatsThatSmell http://wp.me/pfNov-5Rx
- Add our button to your sidebar – 3 EXTRA
- Like my Free Paid Surveys page on Facebook – 5 EXTRA
- Share this giveaway on your Facebook wall – 1 EXTRA PER DAY
- Like Incredibeds on Facebook – 2 EXTRA
- Leave a comment on any other NON-GIVEAWAY post on my site – 1 EXTRA per post commented on (indicate which post in comment)
Please leave a separate comment for EACH extra entry. Provide links to Tweets, Facebook wall, blog posts, etc. as required for the entry.
Giveaway is open to the USA and ends on September 30, 2010 at noon CST. Winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries using random.org and will be contacted by email. Winner will have 48 hrs to respond. Please add email@example.com to your trusted email filter. If original winner does not claim their prize within 48 hrs, it is forfeit and a new winner will be selected promptly.
Note: I received an Incredibed from Incredibeds and they are also providing the set for the giveaway.
Join our newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.