Yesterday I posted a recipe for homemade fruit popsicles made with strawberries and blueberries.
They were delish!
That same day we also made some watermelon popsicles and they too tasted amazing!
It tastes as yummy as it looks.Print
- 5 cups of seedless watermelon chopped
- (variation – use 4 cups of seedless watermelon and 1 cup chopped pineapple)
- Juice from ½ lemon or 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp honey
- Puree watermelon (or watermelon and pineapple) in blender
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth
- Pour mixture into cups or pop molds and insert sticks.
- Freeze pops for 2 hrs or more until solid.
We used all organic ingredients for a 100% organic, clean eating fruit pop. If you can remove the stick from the pop, it is not fully frozen. To remove frozen pop from cups or molds, run under hot water until you can remove it.
We actually had a little bit of mixture left over so we poured it into plastics cups we had and put straws in for sticks. A little awkward and not pretty, but they still taste great!
As I mentioned in my first recipe, below are the tools we used:
We also use this book for inspiration: Ice Pop Joy, the watermelon recipe was inspired by pg 41 ‘Refresher”.
Join our newsletter!
Subscribe to get updates and great stuff via email including subscriber-only goodies like free printables and giveaways.