This morning it was 50 degrees out and my daughter was supposed to meet at the park for preschool for a special picnic lunch. We had 90+ degree temps last weekend and now we are freezing.
As I packed a lunch for us, I immediately had the urge for hot chocolate knowing I was going to sit outside in the cold and wind, so I did what I always do when I have a bright idea and need to implement it.
I “Google it”.
And I came across a pretty quick and easy recipe to make my own homemade hot chocolate.
And it worked.
And it’s only about 100 calories.
And it tasted pretty darn good.
Now, I know many of you are thinking I’m crazy, but I have a solution for those of you who have constant summer temps already.
Pour it over ice.
Instant iced chocolate.
100 calories and probably 1/10 of the cost of a fancy coffee shop drink.
Easy recipe with nothing artificial.
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder (I used dark cocoa powder – yum)
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp Stevia in the Raw (or your other favorite sweetener)
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract (make sure it doesn’t have added corn syrup)
- 1 cup skim milk
- Mix or whisk cocoa powder, vanilla, stevia and 3 tbsp water together over low heat in a saucepan until blended thoroughly.
- Slowly add milk and stir until thoroughly warmed.
For iced cocoa, fill a glass full of ice and pour hot mixture over it. It should cool immediately. Add more ice as needed.
Join our newsletter!
Subscribe to get updates and great stuff via email including subscriber-only goodies like free printables and giveaways.