This morning it was 50 degrees out and my daughter was supposed to meet at the park for preschool for a special picnic lunch. We had 90+ degree temps last weekend and now we are freezing.
As I packed a lunch for us, I immediately had the urge for hot chocolate knowing I was going to sit outside in the cold and wind, so I did what I always do when I have a bright idea and need to implement it.
And it worked.
And it’s only about 100 calories.
And it tasted pretty darn good.
Now, I know many of you are thinking I’m crazy, but I have a solution for those of you who have constant summer temps already.
Pour it over ice.
Instant iced chocolate.
100 calories and probably 1/10 of the cost of a fancy coffee shop drink.
100 Calorie Homemade Hot or Iced Cocoa Recipe
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder I used dark cocoa powder - yum
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp Stevia in the Raw or your other favorite sweetener
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract make sure it doesn't have added corn syrup
- 1 cup skim milk
- Mix or whisk cocoa powder, vanilla, stevia and 3 tbsp water together over low heat in a saucepan until blended thoroughly.
- Slowly add milk and stir until thoroughly warmed.