When you think of pancakes, what do you think of?
Do you think fluffy, sweet goodness that is about as good for you as a donut? Well, if you do, you are right. Pancakes generally don’t have a whole lot of nutritional value and while they taste great, they really aren’t the best choice for a nutritious breakfast.
Imagine pancakes filled with protein, omega-3s, iron, magnesium, fiber and B-vitamins. Imagine pancakes with nothing artificial. Pancakes that contain superfood ingredients. Pancakes that are made with real food ingredients that nourish.
And now imagine these pancakes actually taste great.
Serving something that still tastes like a donut, but is packed with all this healthy goodness is a much better choice for my family, and I’m sure you feel the same way.
To make these nutrition-packed pancakes you need 2 things.
- A great recipe
- Aloha Premium Protein Powder
About Aloha Premium Protein Powder:
We went straight to nature to make our Premium Protein powder, free of anything artificial. Made from thoughtfully sourced whole foods and protein from plant sources, our protein powder is delicious, nutritious, and grown purely from earth.
- Made with whole foods naturally rich in nutrients
- 18 grams of plant-based protein
- Made with superfood ingredients
- Complete amino acid profile
- Patented infrared drying process
- No added chemical amino acids, vitamins, or minerals
- No “natural” or artificial flavors, artificial sweeteners, or fillers. Ever.
Protein Powered Gluten-free Maple Vanilla Pancakes with Whipped Pumpkin Butter
- Using a hand mixer, blend pumpkin and butter until blended but not quite smooth.
- Add in honey & vanilla and blend until combined.
- Add cinnamon and beat until whipped (this takes a few minutes)
- Set aside to serve with pancakes
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Mix together all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk in the eggs, milk, vanilla and maple syrup until smooth.
- When pan is heated, add coconut oil to pan and coat pan thoroughly.
- Using a ladle or large spoon, pour batter into the pan and use the spoon to spread it out slightly. If you prefer thinner pancakes, spread it out more.
- Cook until light brown (about 1 minute) and flip and repeat on the other side.
- Repeat until all the batter is gone.
- Makes about 10 4-5 inch pancakes depending upon thickness.
The butter is amazing. These pancakes are good enough to eat plain, but adding this butter to them just takes them to the next level.
Drizzle with pure maple syrup and you will think these are the most indulgent pancakes ever. They sure taste like it.
But with the added nutritional benefits from the pumpkin puree & Aloha Premium Protein powder.
You might want to double the recipe. Just sayin’.
For more information about Aloha Premium Protein Powder visit the Aloha website. If you would like to try Aloha, you can take advantage of their free trial offer (while supplies last). You will receive 4 individual packets of Aloha Premium Protein. The trial is 14 days with the benefits of becoming auto enrolled into the monthly subscription.