Spring is the time when many of us can begin to make our New Years fitness resolutions a reality.
The weather is warmer.
We spend more time outdoors.
We are able to be more active just by the very nature of the changing weather.
We start to do yard work.
We chase dogs around and follow our kids around wherever they want to go.
We have fresh air and the opportunity to really enjoy it.
Getting fit is easier to achieve.
Whether you have been active on a fitness routine or are using the spring as your rebirth to finally create some good fitness habits, spring is a great time to really focus on your goals and needs, and Midwest Dairy wants you to know that milk is an important part of your journey to good health and fitness.
So many people opt for sports drinks with artificial colors and flavors during and after workouts, but chocolate milk is actually a better alternative for refueling tired muscles.
Dairy has great benefits for providing nutrition and fuel no matter what your fitness level:
- Fuel for an Active Lifestyle — Milk’s nine essential nutrients play an important role in fueling an active lifestyle. Drinking milk can be an ideal way to help the body refuel, rehydrate and recover after a workout.
- Chocolate Milk Is Nature’s Sports Drink — Research published in the International Journal of Sports Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism on young adults showed that chocolate milk is twice as effective as commercial sports drinks to refuel exhausted muscles. Part of this is due to its ideal carbohydrate to protein ratio.
- Whey Protein Packs Energy — Whey protein is a high-quality protein found naturally in dairy foods, and it provides the protein your body can best use to help promote better health. It helps you get the most out of your workout by speeding muscle recovery after exercise and helping build and maintain lean muscle. If you are always on the go like me, try this protein-packed Peanut Butter and Banana Breakfast Shake.
Chocolate milk contains:
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin b12
And chocolate milk tastes great too!
But there are other great things you can do with milk to help you refuel before and after a strenuous workout.
Fruit smoothies, protein shakes, homemade energy bars, pancakes and so many more options are just waiting to be discovered with some ice cold milk and a few fun tools.
In order to help spread the word about the great benefits of milk, Midwest Dairy sent me a few fun things, and they actually are letting me give away an identical prize pack to one lucky reader.
How is diary a part of your spring fitness get moo-ving plan?
For me it’s fruit smoothies and healthy shakes. It’s yogurt and healthy snacks disguised as tasty treats such as homemade energy bars.
One of my favorite things to refuel with is a peanut butter protein shake, and Midwest Dairy sent me a recipe for a peanut butter & banana breakfast shake that I just HAD to try, and it was the perfect opportunity to test out my new Cuisinart hand blender.
ENTER TO WIN A GET MOO-VING PRIZE PACK
This fitness pack (valued at $100) provides you with all the essentials for your favorite outdoor activity, including an iTunes gift card, a Cuisinart hand blender for your post-workout smoothies, and Dairy Makes Sense wicking gear.
HOW TO ENTER (mandatory):
To enter, leave a comment telling me how milk is or can be a part of your healthy routine.
EARN EXTRA ENTRIES (optional):
Must complete required entry in order to qualify for extra entries.
- Follow me on Twitter – 1 EXTRA
- Tweet the following or something similar (leave the link to each new Tweet each day) – 1 EXTRA PER DAY
Get Moo-ving this spring w/ @MidwestDairy & win a $100 prize pack incl a Cuisinart hand blender w/ @WhatsThatSmell http://ow.ly/arChi
- Like What’s That Smell? on Facebook – 1 EXTRA
- Share this giveaway on your Facebook wall – 1 EXTRA PER DAY
- Leave a comment on any other non-giveaway post – 1 EXTRA PER POST COMMENTED (leave link or post title of post commented on)
Please leave a separate comment for EACH extra entry indicating that you performed the required entry. Provide links to Tweet, etc. as required for the entry.
Giveaway is open to the USA and ends on May 18, 2012 at noon CST. Winners will be selected at random from all eligible entries and will be contacted by email. Winners will have 48 hrs to respond. Please add email@example.com to your trusted email filter. If original winner does not claim their prize within 48 hrs, it is forfeit and a new winner will be selected promptly.
Note: I received the products shown to facilitate my post. Prize provided by Midwest Dairy. Opinions expressed are my own.
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Odds of winning are not increased by a purchase.
Join our newsletter!
Subscribe to get updates and great stuff via email including subscriber-only goodies like free printables and giveaways.