For the past few months I have been unable to add my blog’s fan page to my “employer” section of my personal Facebook profile.
It would not show up in the list no matter how many times I tried.
My old page shows up, but the new page that I made when I migrated off accidentalmommies.com did not show up. I was very frustrated and tried time and again.
There is a workaround to this problem if you have a few minutes and the persistence to follow a few detailed steps. Take your time and follow step-by-step and you should see your fan page appear where it didn’t before.
- You must have Firefox or Chrome installed on your computer.
- You must install the Web Developer add-on by Chris Pederick (https://chrispederick.com/work/web-developer/chrome/).
- Open your Facebook fan page and your Facebook personal profile in 2 separate tabs in either Chrome or Firefox.
- Find your fan/business page id number.
- Go to your fan page and click “edit page” then hover your mouse over “update info”. Look at the bottom of your browser for a URL that includes a long number. Write that number down.
- Go to your personal page and click “about” under your name/profile pic.
- Under “work and education” click “edit” and type your fan/business page number into the box (from step 3 above) and hit enter.
- You will see something like this:
- Copy the number you just typed in to your clipboard.
- Now is when you will use the Web Developer add-in. On the toolbar, click “forms” then “display form details”. WARNING – you are gonna see a crazy mess of code that doesn’t make sense.
- You need to look for a suitcase icon next to the page id you just typed in. Right below that is a box with a different number in it.
- Replace that different number with your actual fan/business page id.
- Hit enter.
- Return to the web developer toolbar and uncheck “display form details”. You should now see your fan/business page listed and you can edit it to include your title and associated dates and information.
- Fist pump.