It’s funny how people consider avocados an indulgence. They treat them almost like ice cream or candy, limiting their intake because of the fat content.
- “No thanks, I had a slice of avocado with lunch so I have to skip the next 4 meals to make up for it.”
- “I can only have a 1/2 teaspoon of guacamole because I plan on eating breakfast tomorrow.”
- “I had lunch today so I can’t possibly have any avocado until I have fasted for 3 days.”
Ok, so those are absurd and kind of funny, but they aren’t too far off from how people perceive the dangers of avocados when it comes to their waistline.
But you don’t have to be afraid to enjoy avocados as part of your regular, healthy diet. And you don’t have to skip meals because of it!
Love One Today!
Hass Avocado wants you to know that it’s more than ok to enjoy avocado every day. They want to encourage everyone to Love One Today! Not only are avocados delicious, they provide a bunch of healthy benefits in such a small package.
In addition to sharing the reasons why you should eat avocados every day, you can also find great recipes and storage techniques so you can master avocado prep and keep them s fresh as possible.
There are so many great reasons to go ahead an enjoy avocados every day, but I put together a list of 5.
Avocados are great for kids too. It’s critical that kids get all of the nutrients they need, and avocados taste great. You can add them to smoothies, chili (check out my avocado chili recipe), and even chocolate cake if your kids aren’t overly keep about eating them plain. Avocados add a creamy texture and rich flavor that will have them asking for more.
Hass Avocados recently talked to some kids about health and nutrition. Check out their conversations:
Change starts with you!
To help get you started with that change, Hass Avocado has offered a $50 Visa gift card to one lucky winner.
$50 Visa Gift Card Giveaway
- To enter, simply watch the video above and leave a comment telling me a fun fact that you learned from the video.
- You can get extra entries if you SHARE the video on social media. For each share you make you get an extra entry. You can share as many different times as you want, just leave a link to your share in a separate comment.
Join our newsletter!
Subscribe to get updates and great stuff via email including subscriber-only goodies like free printables and giveaways.