Sometimes, not often, but on rare occasions, I throw something together for dinner that gets such rave reviews that I have to pull out the camera, the light, the backdrop and the reflectors to photograph the recipe. Which isn’t an easy task after dark, but I seem to do alright with it.
Except, I always seem to grab the same blue plate….so mental note, when you see the blue plate, you can assume it was probably something I winged and got lucky that it tasted delicious. And this easy Mexican casserole was one of those recipes.
You’re lucky that I don’t have a lot to say about this recipe except that it was a huge hit in my house. Not low carb, which I prefer, but hey, you gotta please the masses sometimes.
Easy Mexican Casserole Recipe
Easy Mexican Casserole RecipePrint Rate
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 15 oz can of black beans
- 1 15 oz can of corn
- 1 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 2-1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet and drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, corn and black beans. Stir in taco seasoning until thoroughly combined.
- In a medium bowl, mix sour cream and tomato paste together until evenly blended.
- Spread half of the sour cream mixture across the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Layer 3 of the tortillas over the sour cream (you can tear one in half to make it fit better).
- Add half of the meat mixture over the tortillas.
- Sprinkle one cup of the cheese over the meat mixture.
- Layer the remaining 3 tortillas on top of the cheese.
- Spread the remaining sour cream mixture over the tortillas.
- Add the rest of the ground beef over the sour cream.
- Top the whole thing with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Looking for more delicious Mexican recipes, check out this chicken adobo recipe, it looks delicious!