This super easy, one pan, cheesy chicken and rice bake is the perfect casserole recipe for busy nights and picky kids. The whole family will devour it and ask for more. Follow the recipe below, then scroll to the bottom for a printable version.
We all have those days don’t we? Time gets away from us and all of a sudden we no longer have time to make any real dinner for our family. Pizza delivery and cereal become quite appealing in those moments, and most kids certainly don’t mind either of these as meal options.
But as moms, we want better.
That’s not entirely true.
I’d honestly eat pizza every day of my life without regret if it was a healthy meal option. But it’s not.
So this cheesy chicken and rice bake makes perfect sense. It’s super easy, takes just minutes to prep and while it’s not pizza, it’s really very good.
Easy Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake Recipe
What you need:
- chicken thighs
- cream of chicken soup
- white rice
- salt, pepper & garlic powder
- shredded cheddar cheese
- grated Parmesan cheese
You could also use cream of mushroom soup in this recipe. Follow my recipe but you may want to cut the mushrooms into smaller pieces to use in the casserole.
Pour soup mix over chicken.
Bake for one hour.
Add cheddar cheese to top of casserole about halfway through cooking.
Seriously so simple and tasty.
You might want to stock up on my very favorite cream of chicken soup for this recipe, because you will be forced to make it again and again.
You can serve this with canned or frozen veggies on the side, or a fresh salad.
My kids like corn with it. I buy those small frozen corn on the cobs and they cook on the stove while the casserole bakes.
Check out some other delicious chicken recipes:
- Low carb instant pot hot wings
- Low carb cheesy chicken and cauliflower casserole
- 20 delicious low carb chicken recipes
- Low carb chicken enchilada casserole
- Chicken enchiladas recipe from America’s Test Kitchen
Easy Cheesy Chicken and Rice BakePrint
- 6 chicken thighs
- 2 cartons cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- salt pepper & garlic powder to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix Parmesan cheese, soup mix & rice together in a large bowl.
- In a 9×13 casserole dish place chicken in pan and sprinkle with salt, pepper & garlic powder.
- Pour soup mix over chicken.
- Bake for one hour.
- Add cheddar cheese to top of casserole about halfway through cooking.