This post is sponsored by Lunchbox. All opinions are my own
Our dogs are members of our family. They do fun activities with us all the time and after thinking about it, I realized it would not be right to exclude them from the festivities and fun of Halloween.
If you think about it, dogs are the best kind of pet to bring with you on Halloween night.
Not only do they offer protection, they can dress up right alongside you in a number of family costume themes.
Some of my favorite family costume themes are:
- Despicable Me characters, with your pup as a Minion.
- Ghostbusters, with your dog as a ghost…so you’re “chasing” them on their leash all night long. Don’t really bust them for being a ghost, though.
- Toy Story Characters, with your dog as Bullseye.
- The Wizard of Oz Gang, with your dog dressed up as either Toto or a Flying Monkey.
- A Flower Garden, with your dog as your favorite outdoors critter, like Simon below who dressed up as a ladybug.
Wasn’t he the best over-sized lady bug you’ve ever seen?
There is so much beauty and fun in celebrating alongside your pets instead of leaving them at home for the night.
Tips For Dressing Up Your Dog
- Make sure they’re comfortable. You do not want something constricting or uncomfortable. They should forget that they are wearing a costume.
- Don’t buy a costume that restricts their ability to bark, hear, or breathe.
- Avoid accessorized costumes that have pieces your dog could choke on.
- Try the costume before you go out on Halloween, if they don’t like it, pick a new one.