If you are someone who uses Pinterest, you have probably stumbled across a number of projects where people do really cool stuff with old furniture. I mean really super creative stuff that you wish you had thought of doing. Usually, you find these projects after have (unfortunately) you disposed of some random, seemingly useless piece of furniture. My latest Pinterest obsession is DIY recycled furniture projects using old drawers.
Whether you have a full dresser or chest of drawers or a small nightstand with a single drawer, there are some amazing ideas out there to repurpose the piece. Once you remove the drawers for a project, there are a lot of great ideas for what to do with the rest of the piece. But that's a totally different discussion.
Today I will be sharing with you some cool DIY recycled furniture projects using old drawers, you can search Pinterest for other ideas for what to do with the rest of the piece.
- Old Drawer Ottoman - For this project, a cushion top and some legs make for an adorable retro-looking ottoman. A Fairly simple DIY project using a single drawer.
- How to Make a Dollhouse out of Drawers - This is such a cute idea and probably far sturdier than a store-bought doll house.
- DIY Drawer Shelf - Add some boards and a nice coat of paint and voila, you have a cool little shelf unit to hand on the wall.
- Upcycled Drawer Plant Stand DIY - This adorable project looks pretty easy and is a great idea!
- DIY Dog Bed - This project actually makes a drawer but you could easily use and old drawer and then follow the rest of the instructions for the base and the cushion.
- Upcycled Dresser Drawers for Underbed Storage - This project is a super cute way to make the storage under your bed look good!
- Porch Planters - You don't even necessarily have to refinish old drawers to make this porch planters project.
- Bookshelf from a Drawer - This adorable project is perfect for a child's bedroom!
- DIY Sandwich Station - Any house with kids could use this cute, little, recycled drawer project.
- Kids Storage Box Project - Toy boxes are expensive so this DIY project could save you a lot of money, and solve a big problem - storing toys!
These are just a sampling of the DIY Recycled Furniture Projects using drawers that you can find on Pinterest. For more great DIY inspiration, make sure to follow my DIY Pinterest board!
Note: colored drawer photo used with permission - Copyright: scottff72 / 123RF Stock Photo