Any idea what those are?
If you read the title of this article, then you probably guessed that it’s a pickle plant. We are growing pickles this year with the hope of canning some ourselves. It’s not a lot, but something we have always wanted to try.
If you know anything about my lifestyle, we are avid label readers and pay attention to the ingredients in our food. In most cases it involves selecting fresh foods whenever possible and growing our own as the crazy Midwest weather allows.
But, we can’t do it all ourselves, and every once in awhile we find a product that matches our demand for quality and natural ingredients.
Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic is one of those products.
About Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic
- Farmer’s Garden® by Vlasic® pickles are artisanal-quality, premium pickles, made with honest ingredients and no artificial flavors. Farmer’s Garden pickles are made with the finest, specially selected ingredients – deliciously ripe cucumbers, whole garlic cloves, slices of red bell pepper, rounds of carrots and fresh herbs and spices – harvested at the peak of freshness.
- Each Farmer’s Garden cucumber is hand-packed in a traditional mason jar and pickled using home-style canning techniques to lock in the bold, fresh taste.
- There are five delicious varieties of Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic pickles: Zesty Garlic Chips, Bread & Butter Chips, Kosher Dill Spears, Kosher Dill Halves and Dill Chips.
We have been fans of Vlasic’s Farmer’s Garden pickles since we first discovered them last year. We always have a jar in our fridge and an unopened one in the cabinet.
With Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic, we savor the simplicity of fresh from the field pickle goodness with nothing artificial inside the jar.
Getting Creative with Vlasic Farmer’s Garden Pickles
Most of us eat pickles plain. We add them to hot dogs and hamburgers. Make pickle relish out of them. But you would actually be surprised that pickles can be used for much more. Around here we like to use them in a dill pickle salad or dip that is perfect for our July 4th celebration. The flavors combine in such a great way that make it a refreshing summertime dish. It’s simple to make and serving up large amounts for your gatherings is super easy.
I have to warn you though, this recipe sounds weird. Actually, it is weird. But it works. You will be amazed at how good this tastes with only 3 simple ingredients.
Apparently the recipe is a Russian dish popular in Finland or something like that. I don’t know for sure, but I know it’s good.
You can serve it two ways, either as a dip, or a salad. Both recipes are below.
Dill Pickle Dip with Sour Cream and Honey
- 1 cup full fat sour cream
- ¼ cup raw honey
- In a medium bowl, blend sour cream and honey together.
- Serve with dill pickle chips or spears.
If a salad is more your speed…check it out the recipe below.
Dill Pickle Salad with Sour Cream & Honey
- 1 cup full fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 approx 26 oz jar dill pickle spears or chips
- Slice the pickles to your preferred size. I like 1/2 pieces but you can do it smaller for a finer salad.
- In a medium bowl, blend sour cream and honey together then add in cut pickles.
- Stir completely.
- Serve alone or over lettuce.