I remember a time when enjoying pudding meant pulling a plastic lid off of a plastic container, licking the lid, then devouring the pudding inside the plastic cup.
Not a care in the world, and certainly no concern about the ingredients.
Only 100 calories?
I’ll take two.
SKIM MILK, WATER, SUGAR, MODIFIED CORNSTARCH, COCOA PROCESSED WITH ALKALI, CORNSTARCH, CONTAINS LESS THAN 1% OF SALT, SODIUM STEAROYL LACTYLATE (FOR SMOOTH TEXTURE), SODIUM ALGINATE, CALCIUM PHOSPHATE, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, ARTIFICIAL COLOR, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, VITAMIN D.
I challenge you to tell me what half of that stuff is.
So I made pudding. Well, it actually was supposed to be a filling for my grain-free, no bake pie crust, but it was not firm enough for that. So I now call it pudding!
- 1 can coconut milk (13.5 oz)
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee (cold)
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup cocao powder
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Heat coconut milk and coffee over medium heat until combined.
- Add honey and stir.
- Whisk in cocao powder and tapioca flour until blended and smooth.
- Stir in vanilla and salt and continue to stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into individual containers (makes about 4-5 small servings).
- Let cool on counter, cover and chill until ready to serve. If you put it in the fridge immediately it may form a gross film on top that you will want to remove before eating.
It was bit less thick than regular pudding but my son and I really enjoyed it!
Join our newsletter!
Subscribe to get updates and great stuff via email including subscriber-only goodies like free printables and giveaways.