When I was younger my mom used to make homemade pumpkin cookies this time of year. They were awesome. The recipe, I guess, was handed down through the family, and the other day she sent it to me.
Now, being me, I had to tinker with it because I wasn’t going to use sugar and I wanted to use whole wheat flour. I wasn’t actually optimistic but the end result shocked me – they turned out awesome! Take a look at my clean eating pumpkin cookies recipe:
Clean Eating Pumpkin Cookies RecipePrint Rate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream butter and honey together until thoroughly blended
- Add in pumpkin, egg and vanilla and blend into butter & honey mixture
- Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and stir until blended completely
- Use a spoon to drop cookies onto a greased baking sheet
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
My kids cannot get enough of these cookies. My mom also sent me a recipe for caramel frosting for these cookies and I have yet to make a version that is clean and thick enough to actually use as frosting. My first attempt ended up as a dip for apples. The kids loved it!