Just because we eat clean and organic does mean we don’t want yummy stuff like cookies and cakes all sorts of yummy goodies. The thing is, we just have to work a little bit harder to get them because we have to make them from scratch using ingredients that aren’t always as predictable as all-purpose flour and sugar are.
But when you do find a good recipe, they have that same can’t-stop-eating-them effect as any traditional baked goodies do.
The following is a recipe I adapted for clean eating oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and neither myself or my kids could get enough of them. They went fast!
Clean Eating Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups old fashioned oats instant will make the cookies a bit softer, I prefer traditional
- 1/2 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips I used organic
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with oil.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and blend until combined.
- Drop 1 tbsp servings onto the cookie sheet leaving about 1 inch between. Flatten to create circles.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 4-5 minutes, then transfer to rack to cool completely.