With back-to-school in full swing, it’s so important to make sure that you don’t let your healthy diet suffer. Gone are the lazy summer days with plenty of time to prepare healthy meals and snacks and in their place are busy days filled with extra-curricular activities, homework and sports.
But you don’t have to sacrifice healthy snacks because you have less time. There are a ton of good-for-you options that you can make quickly and that are perfect to take on-the-go.
- ½ cup dates (6-8 dates)
- ½ cup prunes or diced prunes
- ½ cup raw almonds
- cinnamon bark essential oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ⅛ tsp salt
- In a small cup, dip the end of a toothpick in the cinnamon bark essential oil and swirl it into the vanilla. Do this once for mild cinnamon flavor, do it twice for a stronger flavor.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and puree until combined and sticking together.
- If the mixture seems a bit too dry, add water and continue to puree. You probably won't need it.
- Remove mixture from bowl and take small pieces of the mixture and roll into small balls. Makes approx. 16-18 bite sized balls.
- Chill until eaten.
To help inspire you to maintain your healthy snacking habits, United Healthcare is offering some great prizes when you learn some new healthy snacks idea with their fun concentration game. They are also offering prizes when you take a quiz that tests your muscle smarts and share a picture of yourself getting active with the hashtag #GetActiveWDY.
- 1 – $400 sporting goods gift card
- 2 – $400 pre-paid gift cards
- 3 – Weekly $25 pre-paid gift cards
What are you waiting for? Go ENTER NOW!
What are your “go-to” healthy snacks for on-the-go?
Join our newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.