Buffalo chicken dip is wildly popular. One search on Pinterest and you will find hundreds of recipes. And for good reason. It’s easy to make and is just so delicious. It’s the perfect game day recipe or party appetizer. You can cook it in the oven in a baking dish or in a slow cooker. It takes buffalo chicken wings to a whole new level.
This recipe is a twist on buffalo chicken dip, essentially taking it and stuffing a tomato with it. It is gluten free, low carb and keto friendly. It uses shredded chicken and instead of ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing like many buffalo chicken dip recipes, it uses cream cheese with homemade ranch seasoning.
Please note that this recipe was provided by a a guest chef. The article is written by me, but this yummy recipe was created by a contributor.
How to Make Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Dip Stuffed Tomatoes
Just a few simple steps and you are one your way to a delicious appetizer or even a meal if you want. All you need are the ingredients below, and my homemade ranch seasoning which is optional.
Heat the sauce.
Add the cooked chicken – you can use canned chicken or shredded chicken you make yourself.
Scoop out the stem of the tomatos, slice and spread them open.
Pour buffalo chicken dip into each tomato.
Top stuffed tomatoes with feta or blue cheese.
Broil until bubbly, and serve.
Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Dip Stuffed Tomatoes
- Heat the cream cheese and wing sauce in a large saucepan and stir until combined.
- Fold in celery, ranch seasoning if using and then chicken.
- Mix until chicken is well coated with sauce.
- Scoop the out stem of the tomatoes and slice them 3/4 of the way down and spread them out slightly.
- Scoop chicken mixture into tomatoes.
- Divide cheese equally over tomatoes.
- Place under low broiler until heated, about 5 minutes.
Pinnable image is below!