This Brussels sprouts casserole takes the flavor of Alfredo sauce and chicken to create a delicious, easy to make, keto / low carb dinner.
When it comes to keto meals, one of my most favorites things to make is a casserole. First of all, they are super easy to make, and I’m all about being able to clean up the kitchen while it is cooking. But more importantly, they taste great. The combination of flavors in a casserole makes for a delicious and satisfying meal. And they reheat great too!
In addition to all that, casseroles are often a great way to get your kids to eat their veggies.
This casserole is a bit different than my other keto casseroles because it doesn’t use cauliflower. Nope. This one uses Brussels sprouts! The sprouts will need to be shredded or shaved or you can buy them already shaved and prepackaged, Walmart and Target both carry them. Although it’s not that hard to chop them up yourself.
How good are Brussels sprouts for you?
Brussels sprouts contain calcium, vitamin K, vitamin B6, magnesium, iron, potassium, vitamin A, and whole lot of vitamin C. They are low in calories and high in fiber making them a great compliment to a healthy diet.
Are Brussels sprouts just small cabbages?
While Brussels sprouts look like tiny adorably baby cabbages, they are not just small cabbages. They are, however, from the same vegetable family. Cabbage grows as a head straight out of the ground, Brussels sprouts grow like buds on a thick stalk.
Keto / Low Carb Alfredo Chicken and Brussels Sprouts Casserole
This Brussels sprouts casserole recipe was provided by Kathleen. She follows a low carb diet and always has great recipe ideas.
What you need for this recipe:
- Shredded Brussels sprouts
- Cooked chicken breasts, chopping into bite sized pieces
- Minced garlic
- Heavy whipping cream
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley for garnish
Step by step:
Preheat your oven.
Grease a casserole dish with butter or coconut oil spray and pour the sprouts into it.
Add the chicken and toss lightly to combine.
Spread the chicken and sprouts mixture out evenly in the dish. Set aside.
Melt butter in small saucepan, add minced garlic and saute until fragrant.
Stir in the heavy whipping cream and simmer until thickened.
Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
Remove the sauce from heat, and stir in Parmesan cheese.
Pour the Alfredo mixture over the chicken and sprouts and stir to combine.
Bake uncovered until browned and bubbly.
Serve immediately garnished with fresh parsley.
Low Carb / Keto Alfredo Chicken and Brussels Sprouts Casserole
- 12 oz Brussels sprouts shredded or shaved
- 12 oz Cooked chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 3 tsp Minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the Brussels sprouts and the chicken into a greased casserole dish and toss to combine.
- In a saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic to the butter, and saute until fragrant, around 30 seconds.
- Stir in the heavy whipping cream and bring it to a low boil. Simmer for several minutes until it has thickened and reduced slightly.
- Add in salt and pepper to taste and stir until combined.
- Remove the thickened cream mixture from the heat, and stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken and sprouts in the casserole dish, and combine well.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes until the top is browned and bubbly.
- Serve topped with freshly chopped parsley for garnish if desired.