The are so many things that you can with a breakfast quiche. You can start with a base recipe for baked eggs and pretty much add whatever you like in it. Veggies, meats, other cheeses, etc. Experiment a little and see what you can come up with.
My latest breakfast quiche creation is based on my breakfast casserole recipe and involves my homemade ranch seasoning mix and some sour cream. It got rave reviews from my husband and my son. There were a few slices left too, which I like to reheat with a little bit of butter. So good!
Low carb breakfast quiche
The hardest part of this recipe is browning the ground sausage, it really is that easy. You then mix everything together and then bake it. I like to cover the quiche for the first 30 minutes, then uncover it to finish baking.
Low Carb Breakfast Quiche
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tbsp ranch seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In an oven-safe skillet, brown ground sausage and drain the grease.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg, sour cream and ranch seasoning. You may want to use a hand mixer.
- Mix in cheddar cheese.
- Pour egg mixture into pan and stir until the sausage is fully blended into the sausage.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 25 minutes or until golden brown.