Every once in awhile I try something different for breakfast. I had seen people making these muffin tin “cups” with bread and eggs and such and they looked really good. Well I had 2 issues the other day. First, I was out of bread. Second, I try to be gluten-free as much as possible. The only thing left in my fridge were some flour and corn tortillas, the corn being gluten-free.
So I put on my creative chef’s hat (it’s invisible but neon pink) and decided to try a creation of my very own.
Easy Breakfast Burrito "Cups" with gluten-free optionPrint Rate
- Butter or olive oil spray
- 3-4 medium flour tortillas
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4-1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Lightly butter each muffin cup or spray with olive oil
- Cut each tortilla into 4 pieces and place 2-3 of the cut pieces into each muffin cup. Arrange pieces so they overlap. If you have smaller tortillas you may need to use all 4 pieces in each cup.
- Sprinkle a small amount of cheese into the bottom of each cup
- Crack an egg into each cup
- Add salt and pepper if desired
- Sprinkle the top of each egg with cheese
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until eggs are just set