Brisket is a great cut of meat. It’s affordable and tender so it has the best of both worlds. It does great in the slow cooker as you will see with the following beef brisket slow cooker recipe. Korean beef recipes usually contain brown sugar or molasses, but I eliminated those. Instead, I went for a low carbohydrate version using liquid stevia. This makes it a great option for many diets.
How do you cook brisket of beef?
If you can smoke a brisket of beef, that is the preferred method. The full flavors of the beef shine through when you smoke it, and it is at its most tender. Smoked brisket is some of the best BBQ you will have ever. Paired with the right sauce, it’s downright heavenly.
- Dry rub and dry roast in oven
- Use a dry rub and roast with liquid in oven
- Dry rub and dry roast in slow cooker
- Use a dry rub and roast with liquid in slow cooker
- On the grill
No matter which way you choose to cook a brisket of beef, low and slow makes all the difference.
You can slice the brisket against the grain carefully with a sharp knife or shred it. I find it easier to shred it, through it’s not as pretty when you serve it.
This is an easy beef brisket slow cooker recipe, no prep is required – just dump and go as I like to say. The slow cooker does all the work for you to make a delicious Korean beef. And it’s guilt-free without the sugar!
How to cook beef brisket slow cooker
When cooking a brisket of beef in a slow cooker, you really have two options, dry or wet. I have tried it with a dry rub wrapped in foil, and I’ve tried it the way this recipe calls for. In general I prefer the wet option. I like the flavor of the sauce. By the way, the Black + Decker slow cooker is my favorite slow cooker ever. It’s nothing fancy but it’s reliable and the price is great.
- Dry rub, wrap roast in foil, cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker including a liquid base such as broth or soy sauce and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Most Korean beef recipes use brown sugar or molasses to add the necessary sweetness. I wanted to lighten this up and make it a low carb or ketogenic recipe but I still wanted it to taste delicious. My kids really enjoyed it, as did we, but if you can tolerate a spicier beef, you may want to increase the red pepper flakes. I can’t make it to spicy or my kids will freak out.
Below is a video of a different beef brisket slow cooker recipe to give you an idea of how to cook beef brisket in a slow cooker.
Check out more of our low carb recipe content:
We also have some 21 Day Fix content:
- 21 Day Fix Chicken Recipes – 30 Recipes with Container Counts
- 21 Day Fix Slow Cooker Recipes with Container Counts
- 21 Day Fix Pumpkin Recipes for a Guilt-Free Holiday
- 21 Day Fix Holiday Desserts – Delicious & Guilt-Free
- 21 Day Fix Thanksgiving Recipes
If you are looking for another delicious beef recipe, check out this instant pot Mongolian beef. Replace the brown sugar with liquid stevia like I did here and serve it over riced cauliflower and voila, low carb!
Beef Brisket Slow Cooker - Low Carb Korean Beef Recipe
- In small bowl, combine all ingredients (except brisket) together.
- Add brisket to slow cooker fat side up.
- Pour ingredients mixture over brisket and cover with lid.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve over rice or over riced cauliflower for the low carb version