They say opposites attract and my husband and I are proof positive of that. We actually don’t like a lot of the same things from food to movies to music. But there is one thing we can agree on – celery does not belong in ANYTHING, especially not potato salad.
I know, you are looking at me like I have 2 heads right now because apparently not liking celery is akin to being a criminal, or at least quantifiably insane.
But we don’t like it.
So my potato salad recipe doesn’t use celery. You can add it in, of course. I’m pretty sure it will ruin it, but to each his own.
This was delicious! My husband said “please don’t ever not make this again.”
Bacon makes everything better. Especially when there is no celery. If you must add it, you should probably do about 1 cup chopped. Ewwww……..
Make sure you pin this recipe, it’s PERFECT for summer gatherings!
Bacon and Egg Potato Salad
- 2 lb russet potatoes cooked, peeled & cubed
- 6-8 slices of cooked bacon cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 sliced hard boiled eggs
- 2 tbsp dried minced onion or 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/4 cups mayo
- 1/3 cup sweet relish
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp honey or sugar
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1-1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine mayo, sugar, vinegar, mustard, relish, salt & minced onion & stir to combine.
- Add mayo mix to potatoes and toss until coated.
- Gently fold eggs into potato salad.
- Sprinkle the top of the salad with cheese and bacon.
- Chill until ready to serve.