I know, you are looking at me like I have 2 heads right now because apparently not liking celery is akin to being a criminal, or at least quantifiably insane.
But we don't like it.
So my potato salad recipe doesn't use celery. You can add it in, of course. I'm pretty sure it will ruin it, but to each his own.
This was delicious! My husband said "please don't ever not make this again."
Bacon makes everything better. Especially when there is no celery. If you must add it, you should probably do about 1 cup chopped. Ewwww........
Make sure you pin this recipe, it's PERFECT for summer gatherings!
Bacon and Egg Potato Salad
- 2 lb russet potatoes - cooked, peeled & cubed
- 6-8 slices of cooked bacon - cut into ½ inch pieces
- 4 sliced hard boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoon dried minced onion - or ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1-¼ cups mayo
- ⅓ cup sweet relish
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon honey - or sugar
- 2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1-½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine mayo, sugar, vinegar, mustard, relish, salt & minced onion & stir to combine.
- Add mayo mix to potatoes and toss until coated.
- Gently fold eggs into potato salad.
- Sprinkle the top of the salad with cheese and bacon.
- Chill until ready to serve.