Did you know avocados are a fruit?
I didn’t until recently.
I’m not sure that it matters really, what matters is that they are GOOD FOR YOU and not just limited to a specific meal or type of cooking. You can incorporate avocados into just about anything!
I recently had the opportunity to ask Chef Pati Jinich from the PBS show Pati’s Mexican Table a few questions about avocados and incorporating them into our cooking. We actually watch her show and are big fans so I was pretty excited to hear her answering my questions!
I also received some great Avocado “swag”!
Avocados really are such a versatile fruit, you’d be amazed at the creative recipes that include avocado in the ingredients list. Below is just a few unique recipes that you can make to incorporate avocados into your diet.
- Homemade Fudgesicles from Recipes to Nourish
- Guacamole Rolls from Jar O Honey
- Avocado Peach Salsa from Real Food Forager
- Coconut & Avocado Grasshopper Bars from Raia’s Recipes
- Avocado Banana Cacao Smoothie from Jar O Honey
- Chocolate Avocado Mousse from Scratch Mommy
- Avocado Salad with Bacon from Intoxicated on Life
Personally I like to put avocado in my chili: Avocado Chili Recipe
ABOUT PATI JINICH:
Pati Jinich was born and raised in Mexico and comes from a family of accomplished cooks. She is the host of a highly popular PBS series called Pati’s Mexican Table, a culinary program which consists of cooking demonstrations, tasting dinners and workshops, and has appeared on The Chew, The Talk, The Better Show, The Today Show. Jinich has also been featured in The New York Times, The Washington Post, Eater, and The Daily Meal.
Links to Recipes from video:
- Chopped egg & avo sandwich
- Cheese scramble
- Avo mang and berry smoothie
- Avo oatmeal and agave pancake
How do you like to enjoy avocado?
Join our newsletter!
Subscribe to get updates and great stuff via email including subscriber-only goodies like free printables and giveaways.