When it comes a healthy breakfast, or any meal for that matter, I always try to maximize the nutritional value in what we eat. Sure, we like a treat now and again, but but when it comes to the things we already eat and drink, I love it when there is the opportunity to have some added benefits.
I don’t drink cows milk because of a recent new intolerance I have developed, so I have taken to drinking Silk Almondmilk®. Silk® is the only brand I buy because I like the ingredients list and love their commitment to the Non-GMO Project.
My favorite new variety of Silk® is the Silk Vanilla Almondmilk Protein + Fiber®.
About Silk Vanilla Almondmilk Protein + Fiber®:
- 50% more calcium than dairy milk
- Good source of protein
- Excellent source of fiber
- Excellent source of vitamin E
- Absolutely no cholesterol or saturated fat
- Free of dairy, lactose, gluten, soy, casein, egg and MSG
- Enrolled in the Non-GMO Project’s product verification program
- No artificial colors, flavors or funny business
Silk Protein + Fiber Almondmilk® is the perfect addition to an energy-packed breakfast smoothie!
This smoothie is thick and rich and is the perfect start to a busy day. It is chock full of protein and fiber and will fuel your day. If you don’t have time to mix up a smoothie, the vanilla flavored Silk Almondmilk Protein + Fiber® tastes great! I love to add it to my coffee and my son enjoys it straight up.
Toasted Coconut & Fig Almond Milk Smoothie
Toasted Coconut & Fig Almond Milk Breakfast SmoothiePrint Rate
- 1/3 cup dried figs with stems removed about 5
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp raw honey optional
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cup almond milk I used Silk Vanilla Protein + Fiber Almondmilk®
- 1/2 cup coconut plus extra for garnish
- Toast coconut
This is my new favorite smoothie!
For more information about the new Silk Protein + Fiber® and to print out a coupon so you can try it for yourselves visit Silk.com. To find Silk Protein + Fiber® near you, check out the store locator.