This post, Advice for 8th Grade Graduates, is sponsored by Basic Invite. Opinions are my own.
My son is thirteen-years-old and will be graduating from middle school at the end of May. In a way, he cheated us out of a year because he skipped second grade, so it has come upon us sooner than we expected. While not quite as big a deal as a high school graduation, it marks an exciting and potentially scary time for a newly minted teenager – the summer before starting high school. So we plan to make a big deal about his graduation and that includes plenty of advice for 8th grade graduates.
As I face this exciting milestone and consider what advice to pass on to him, I try and think back to my own high school experience. What would I do differently? What would I do the same? And, of course, everyone would probably have different responses to these questions because we all had different high school experiences, some better than others.
Advice for 8th Grade Graduates
My advice for 8th grade graduates would look something like this:
- Be yourself
- Don’t follow the crowd
- Don’t take the easy way out
- Form strong friendships – they may end up being in your life for a very long time
- Stand up for those who don’t stand up for themselves
There are so many other pieces of wisdom I plan to impart upon him as he enters high school, some of it far more specific. But before I do that, I have a party to plan. Which leads me to another piece of advice – memories can be forgotten, so don’t forget to save keepsakes along the way.
The first, and maybe the most important keepsake would be choosing middle school graduation announcements to mark the occasion and invite friends and family to share in this milestone. Basic Invite has a range of graduation products including invitations, announcements and thank you cards. They also have picture graduation announcements so you can totally personalize them.
Why Basic Invite?
Basic Invite is different. Here’s why:
- Each element on a Basic Invite card has over 180 different color options.
- Basic Invite offers instant previews of your design. Make changes and see them immediately as you design.
- Basic Invite offers the option to receive a custom sample to ensure your design is exactly how you want it.
- Choose from over 40 different envelope colors when you choose Basic Invite.
- Basic Invite has peel and seal envelopes for a quick and easy secure closure.
- Free address collection service makes it easy to collect addresses.
- Basic Invite prints each address on envelopes for free.
Basic Invite also offers a number of different paper options including foil designs and different shape profiles for your cards. With all of the design options and the ability to add a picture, you can create a custom graduation announcement or invitation that will be unique and memorable.
To help make the occasion even more memorable, I can up with a fun printable that you can include with the announcements encouraging friends and family to offer advice for the graduate. If you are having a party, you can also have a stack of these for attendees to fill out, but if you include them with the announcements or invitations, even people who cannot attend can fill one out and send it back.
Simply click the graphic below to open up a PDF file perfect for printing.
To see the full collection of Basic Invite products visit their website here: BasicInvite.com.
You can also follow their social media channels:
Make sure you Pin this on Pinterest for later!
Join our newsletter!
Subscribe to get updates and great stuff via email including subscriber-only goodies like free printables and giveaways.