It’s no secret that I am a dog lover. I’d have a whole army of dogs if I could. But my furniture can’t handle it so I’ve limited it to three. Although I am of the mind that we probably wouldn’t notice one more.
So far, I haven’t been able to convince my husband of that, but I’m confident he will come around one day.
I truly believe that having a dog can make your life better. They provide something that nothing else can, not even another human. Because, well, dogs are better than humans in some ways. Especially when it comes to how they look at humans. So I put together a list of 5 ways dags make your life better.
5 Ways Dogs Make Your Life Better
- Self-esteem – Dogs are always happy to see you, which means you will always feel like the most important person in the room when you have a dog. You are never lonely when you have a dog either.
- Unconditional love – No matter what you look like, what you smell like, what your job is, what car you drive, etc., your dog loves you. The only real requirement for being loved by a dog is to have hands and use them for head scratching – theirs, not yours.
- Protection – The mere sound of a barking dog can give you some peace of mind that your home is protected. No one knows how any dog will react – big or small, and so it’s a huge deterrent for criminals or dangerous people.
- Healthy heart – The American Heart Association says that having a dog may reduce your risk of heart disease, in part because pet owners tend to be more active. WebMD reports that pets may help soothe and lower blood pressure which helps your heart as well.
- Fitness – You want the best for your dog and that includes exercise. Daily walks help your dog with their energy levels and keeps their weight in check, but also can help you as well.
Dogs are also super funny!
They don’t even try to be funny, yet they make me laugh constantly.
Like when I come out of the shower and find that one of them pushed my couch all the way across the room. Or when one of them brings me a pair of pants (that aren’t even mine) as I’m sitting at my desk. Or when they refuse to let me take a selfie and roll onto their back under the coffee table.
Or yawn when I’m trying to take a selfie.
Purina is a brand that is all about celebrating the love we have for our pets. Their products are designed to offer the nutrition our dogs need to live healthy lives. Purina Beyond contains natural ingredients that are thoughtfully selected for optimal nutrition for your dog. Purina beyond is sourced from trusted suppliers with real chicken as the main ingredient with no poultry by-product meal. It doesn’t contain wheat, corn or soy, and has no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
Switching to Purina Beyond has definitely made an impact on my dogs overall health. I vary my orders but typically buy the following:
- Chicken & Whole Barley Simply 9 Natural Limited Ingredient – Adult Dry Dog Food
- Lamb & Whole Barley Simply 9 Natural Limited Ingredient – Adult Dry Dog Food
- Salmon, Egg, & Pumpkin Superfoods Blend – Adult Dry Dog Food
Given dog food is a regular monthly expense, I have these setup on subscribe & save every month with Amazon. Not only does this simplify my life, I also save a considerable amount through the subscription discount.