You can’t talk about wellness without addressing the emotional aspect of your well-being. Taking care of your mental health by putting you first can go a long way towards wellness and help heal your spirit. This can often help fuel your desire to eat right and stay active.
It’s not always easy to put yourself first, especially when you are a wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, etc. When you are so focused on everyone else’s needs, there’s not always enough time in the day to take time for you. But this vicious cycle can actually take you farther and farther away from a healthy life. Pushing yourself to the limits and never taking time for yourself can affect everything that you do. It can run you down, make you depressed and actually cause friction in those relationships. When you take time for you, you may think you are taking time away from others, but in reality you are helping yourself face your relationships as a blessing and not as a responsibility – which benefits everyone.
I find myself falling into that trap. When I try to relax and do something for myself I feel guilty. I feel like I should be doing something for someone else. I feel selfish when I take even a small amount of time or money for myself. But I notice that the less time I take for myself, the more withdrawn I become. The more frustrated I get at the little things. And the less I enjoy every day.
This is not good for me or the people I am taking care of on a daily basis.
So I am making a conscious decision to pamper myself daily. It doesn’t have to cost money. It doesn’t have to take a lot of time. All that matters is that it’s something you want to do just for you.
100 Ways To Pamper Yourself
- Take a bath
- Have a glass of wine
- Swing in a hammock
- Get a massage
- Have your hair done
- Buy a new purse
- Walk along the beach
- Rent your favorite movie and enjoy it in your pajamas
- Buy a pint of your favorite ice cream and eat it right out of the container
- Splurge on a meaningful piece of jewelry
- Have your nails done
- Make a homemade sugar scrub
- Buy all new underwear
- Buy a latest bestseller and read it cover-to-cover in one day
- Stop at a local coffee shop and enjoy your coffee while surfing Facebook on the free wi-fi
- Buy new nail polish
- Take a painting class
- Buy a bouquet of flowers
- Diffuse some essential oils
- Take a nap
- Sleep in
- Give yourself a facial
- Take a walk in the rain
- Go window shopping with a friend
- Lay out under the stars
- Walk barefoot in the grass
- Buy a new pair of shoes
- Take an aromatherapy shower
- Compliment yourself
- Redecorate your space
- Buy new sheets
- Buy a new cd
- Slide down a slide
- Sing loudly in the car with the windows open
- Play hooky from work for a full day
- Let the laundry pile up
- Buy a lottery ticket
- Color in an adult coloring book
- Watch the sun set
- Look through an old photo album
- Spend an entire day in your pajamas on the couch
- Paint a wall a bold color
- Smile at yourself in the mirror
- Bake something delicious
- Jump through puddles
- Take a cooking class
- Sit outside in the sun
- Surf Pinterest
- Have your carpets professionally cleaned
- Make a list of 10 things you love about yourself
- Play with a puppy
- Call your mother
- Hug someone
- Play a game on your phone or tablet
- Soak your feet
- Volunteer time with your favorite charity
- Eat your dessert first
- People watch in the park
- Go to your favorite restaurant by yourself
- Take a vacation
- Start a diary
- Write a love letter to yourself
- Watch a favorite movie from your childhood
- Hire a maid service
- Make fresh lemonade
- Declutter your desk
- Spend an entire day in bed
- Eat whipped cream from the can
- Do nothing but doodle for 15 minutes
- Take a yoga class
- Learn to dance
- Jump on a trampoline
- Take a selfie
- Reconnect with an old friend
- Take a scenic bike ride
- Get an aquarium
- Visit a museum
- Print and frame your favorite photos
- Ask for a hug
- Buy a new outfit
- Take an exercise class
- Learn another language
- Make a milkshake
- Go on a picnic
- Get a new mattress
- Plant a garden
- Unplug completely and do nothing
- Sleep naked
- Buy a new outfit
- Blow bubbles
- Fly a kite
- Enjoy a cup of tea on the patio
- Redecorate your bathroom
- Buy new curtains
- Hit a punching bag
- Buy new sunglasses
- Watch a funny movie
- Play air guitar during your favorite song
- Get a tattoo
There are so many things you can do to pamper yourself that don’t cost money, but occasionally it feels nice to splurge on yourself once in a while. I know it’s hard to justify sometimes, especially when kids need new shoes and clothes every season, which is why I love shopping at Kohl’s.
Kohl’s has so many things that you can get to pamper and spoil yourself! I picked out a few things during my recent Kohl’s shopping trip that just make me feel a little bit happier and pampered.
Anyone who would take a look at my shoe collection would say that I don’t actually need another pair of flip-flops, but when I saw these coral colored SO Women’s Flip flops, I couldn’t resist.
As we walked past the handbag department (my mom, my daughter and I) I exclaimed “I must buy a new purse” which resulted in a chuckle from a passing male employee. The thing is, it’s totally not me. I don’t even like to carry a purse most of the time, and I never, ever buy things on impulse simply because of how they look. But when I saw this Ladybug Crossbody Bag and Ladybug Wallet, I knew they were the perfect way to pamper myself. My daughter loves ladybugs and it makes me smile every time I carry my purse or pull out my wallet.
I’m also not a huge fan or jewelry. I don’t even wear my wedding ring as often as I probably should, but this Love This Life Stainless Steel & Silver Plated Bracelet just spoke to me.
The word inspire means so much. I want to be inspired and inspire others. The compass stands for the fact that no matter which way I go, home is where my heart is. The anchor represents my faith that keeps me grounded and passionate about life.
I also pampered myself with a new pair of Daisy Fuentes Sunglasses. I gotta wear shades always, and I love, love, love splurging on a new pair. I also enjoy relaxing with essential oils and Kohl’s has this amazing Pureguardian Ultrasonic Aroma Spa Diffuser. It diffuses my favorite oils which is extremely pampering, lasts a long time and it looks really cool too!
You can use this list as a bucket list of sorts, working your way down it to ensure you pamper yourself enough so you achieve emotional wellness. Or you can make your own list of things that you will do to invest in yourself. Either way, taking care of YOU is such an important part of your overall wellness.
For more information about the #MakeYourMove Campaign from Kohl’s and how Kohl’s can help you achieve overall wellness visit:
- #MakeYourMove to Wellness for Mind & Body
- 30 Day Fitness Kick Start #MakeYourMove
- Steamed Broccoli and Carrots with Garlic and Oil Sauce
How will you pamper yourself?
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Kohl’s.
Join our newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.